[Info-vax] DEC/TTI Document (was: Re: directories other than SYS* on the system disk)

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Sat Jan 3 08:09:49 EST 2015

On 2015-01-02, Stephen Hoffman <seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid> wrote:

> Or porting the documents to different tools, as AFAIK there's no path
> forward for existing DEC / TTI Document and SDML files.
>
> Probably time to look around again, and see if there's a reasonable
> replacement for a text-based formatting tool, and that I can migrate
> into.  DocBook and the roffs were seemingly the available options, back
> when I last looked.

If that's the kind of thing you were looking at, did you consider the
GNU texinfo tools ?

It has the major advantage that the same source document can be used
to build HTML, PDF, PS and plain text output; the FSF use it to
create full manuals as well as much smaller documents.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP