[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

VAXman- at SendSpamHere.ORG VAXman- at SendSpamHere.ORG
Mon Jan 5 13:06:38 EST 2015

In article <m8eii9$q75$1 at dont-email.me>, Stephen Hoffman <seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid> writes:
>On 2015-01-05 17:17:03 +0000,   VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG said:
>
>> In article <cgvsc6F3j6iU5 at mid.individual.net>,
>> bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>>>
>>> I hope that's going to change as it will definitely affect who the
>>> users can send email to.
>>
>> Why do you say that?
>
>Because that's the way that some common spam filtering works with
>SpamAssassin and various other tools.  If the forward and reverse DNS
>translations for the peer mail server don't match, then the local box —
>not the mail server with the bad DNS — can consider the remote box —
>the mail server with the mismatched DNS — to be a spam engine, and drop
>the messages.

Well, perhaps I don't understand how Verizon does static IP with FioS.  I
do know that when Verizon provided my static IP block and my T1 loop, I'd
setup my DNS forwards and reverses to those addresses Verizon allotted to
me.  It works the same now with my present ISP (no longer Verizon because
their service sucked profusely).

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG