[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Tue Jan 6 10:21:05 EST 2015

In article <00AF0D1C.40F87DEA at sendspamhere.org>,
	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
> In article <ch26r1FmebaU4 at mid.individual.net>, bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>>In article <00AF0CC5.B67E7944 at sendspamhere.org>,
>>	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:

>>> That's failure to setup the reverse lookup; not a problem with static IP.
>>
>>No kidding.  And that is what one sees with decuserve.org.  And, at
>>least for email, it makes the static IP useless.
>
> Perhaps, for mail; however, DECUServer is much more than a mail service.

But email is what we were talking about.  And I thought email was one
of the services offered by decuserve.org?  To the best of my knowledge
the only things that care about who the remote machine really is are
SMTP and IDENT. (and I am not sure just how much IDENT cares as I know
of no one who still runs it!)

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |