[Info-vax] Streaming a File on OpenVMS with Caché

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Fri Jan 9 11:18:16 EST 2015

On 2015-01-09 14:19:45 +0000, Mack Altman III said:

> I have posted the following in the Caché, Ensemble, DeepSee Google
> Group; however, I wanted to see if anyone here may have experience with
> the Caché database running on an OpenVMS as well. If you could respond
> here, or there, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/intersystems-public-cache/kGRj3Lw-HrQ

The correct link is apparently
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/intersystems-public-cache/uCH35ZXhai0/mCNBdRbVytYJ>

The full text of the question over there — so folks here don't have to
bother with that link — is:

"When reading a file via %Stream and on an OpenVMS system, the line is
being terminated, despite utilizing the default or declaring the
Terminator, at the end of each VMS block. Does anyone have any
experience in identifying what needs to be done to ensure this does not
occur?"

Being rather short of details here and knowing nothing of Caché nor of
your application nor of your VMS version nor your patch level nor your
Caché version nor the file organization of the VMS file involved nor
any sort of a reproducer, you might want to try using the %binary
object and the %FileBinaryStream property stuff.   But then that's a
complete WAG.