[Info-vax] Streaming a File on OpenVMS with Caché

Mack Altman III mack.altmaniii at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:30:58 EST 2015

Do we know how the file is created?
 No

Do we have access to their system?
 No

I realize there are unknowns, but if I knew all the variables we wouldn't be looking for a solution.

Three days ago, I had to walk a client through a "FileZilla tutorial" despite the plethora of them on YouTube. Not to mention, another said CMD was too difficult to use. As IT professionals, we must work with them and our operational staff to bridge the gap. Another, I let her know how she could find out what her public IP address was? As a web developer, do you know how frustrating that was? "No problem ma'am. If you can pull up your web browser and go to www.google.com. Now type in: 'my ip'."

Maybe it would be easier to ask, "If tasked to develop a process to enable all clients with a domain, username and password, that would ensure all files were of a STREAM file type, what would be the requirements without being able to contact the client."

DIR/FULL
http://tinypic.com/r/2d1v2th/8

Version
http://i58.tinypic.com/10oqlg3.jpg