[Info-vax] Looking for suggestions for new $GETDVI item codes

kenneth.randell at verizon.net kenneth.randell at verizon.net
Thu Jan 15 07:55:25 EST 2015

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 4:43:50 PM UTC-5, Stephen Hoffman wrote:

> > Try a DVI$_MAXBLOCK on a drive over 1.0 TB capacity and you get a
> > negative number.  DVI$_FREEBLOCKS has the same issue.
>
> FWIW, whatever programming language you're working with here (DCL?) is
> apparently defaulting to a 32-bit, signed longword, integer
> representation.

Yes in this case I was simply referring to DCL.  I know it should be unsigned 32-bit; I was just trying to point out that it would be handy to have areas like this in VMS looked at.  Or perhaps a new DVI$_xxx item code that returns these values in say GB or some other unit that scales into DCL's signed 32-bit values.