[Info-vax] 64 bit DCL ?

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Fri Jan 16 13:24:28 EST 2015

On 2015-01-16 16:59:51 +0000, Keith Cayemberg said:

> Hmmm, I have reconsidered the choice of QUADINT as a reserved word for
> DCL. It would probably be more correct to use QUADWORD or just QUAD.

Or DCL is deprecated, and replaced with a command language that's more
consistent and tightly specified, and with modern features and
extensibility.

A command language with the ability to generate WIMP and HTML
interfaces and process the associated input, asynch I/O and
notifications without needing SPAWN or such, support for manipulating
binary data, data structures including classes and objects and arrays
and dictionaries, native TCP and UDP socket support, regular
expressions, full UTF-8 access, internationalization, a JIT-capable
interpreter and also with a compiler and a debugger that makes the
command language a first-class citizen of the mixed-language
environment, pipes without needing the PIPE verb, integration with the
as-yet-unimplemented VMS cluster-distributed event notification system,
etc.

Yeah, and being able to deal with quadwords and floating point would be
nice, too.