[Info-vax] Streaming a File on OpenVMS with Caché

George Cornelius gcornelius at charter.net
Sat Jan 17 08:08:51 EST 2015

On 01/14/2015 09:40 PM, Mack Altman III wrote:

> Reading the contents of the file we don't have a problem
> with; however, Cache requires the STREAM format.

I wrote a longer response to one of your messages not
long ago but I want to address the issue of being
restricted to "stream" data.

We may have an older version of Cache' but the tool that
was being used to export data from our system was a
standard utility to dump so-called globals and had
single letter flags to control output file formats.

I tried it and I believe that the "V" flag actually
generated VMS variable length, non-stream, records.
So I presume the utility would be able to read that
format as well.

All of which leads me to wonder if it is really
Cache' that is enforcing a specific type of data
or if it is some particular application or utility?

--
Can the spam