[Info-vax] DCL's flaws (both scripting and UI)

JF Mezei jfmezei.spamnot at vaxination.ca
Sun Jan 18 22:39:06 EST 2015

>> 8) You cannot delete a directory tree in one go.

I am not too concerned about these problems because they can easily be
solved with relatively minor updates to the commands themselves (and as
was pointed out delete/tree was added).

Consider 8.3 when Guy Peleg managed to add a lot of neat features to
DCL, Backup and others stuff.

The big question what what needs to change at the lower "core" level, of
any.

Shoudl DCL continue to be updated and fast forward to 21st century, or
should it be frozen and something new brought in ? I think Hoff has
asked those questions fairly elegantly.