[Info-vax] Quoting question

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Wed Jan 21 12:49:58 EST 2015

JF Mezei schreef op 21-jan-2015 om 17:58:
> On 15-01-21 11:54, Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:
>
>> $ write sys$output "''flavour' is ''&flavour'"
>

> Thanks. I had read that & is done after ' so it wasn't obvious that the
> & should be inside of '' when I tried, but I knew there was a way to do
> this.

What's this for, your upcoming mission-critical chocolate flavor and
cherry color reporting software?  :)

Seriously though, the best way I personally got the hang of practical
DCL and things like this (string handling and such) when I worked on
DCL procedures in conjunction with a CGI-enabled HTTP server, like I
did over at "Deathrow" (still down unfortunately, the last time I
checked), while working on a site I had there.

  - MG