[Info-vax] DCL's flaws (both scripting and UI)

mcleanjoh at gmail.com mcleanjoh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 16:40:47 EST 2015

I agree with what someone said earlier (but sorry, I'm not about to step back through pages to find out who).

- Create a new "super" CLI and associated new "super" DCL (VCLI and VCL ?)
- Let the choice be a SYSGEN parameter (to set a default) and able to be defined on the fly by any process
- If undefined the existing versions are used (so that nothing breaks)
- Systems and individual users can move to and take advantage of the new versions as they wish.