[Info-vax] free shell accounts?

Stan Radford sradford at noemail.net
Fri Jan 23 07:47:41 EST 2015

On 2015-01-22, Jan-Erik Soderholm <jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com> wrote:
> Stan Radford skrev den 2015-01-22 15:27:
>> On 2015-01-22, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) <helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de> wrote:
>>> In article <m9q6li$5er$1 at speranza.aioe.org>, Stan Radford
>>> <sradford at noemail.net> writes:
>
> Was the above clearifactions enough? :-)

Yes. I understand how clustering works generally. I just didn't understand
how the deathrow vax cluster could really be a cluster if the machines
presumably were separated across the world or even one country between
various hobbyist boxes without sharing disks. I guess that means it was a
cluster in the sense VMS itself was available but not that people could
develop and test their code across machine failures.

> The "best" solution is of course if each VMS system has its
> own independant connection to the storage/disk volumes. But
> it is not an absolute *must* to run a VMS cluster.

Understood and thank you.

Stan