[Info-vax] DCL's flaws (both scripting and UI)

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Fri Jan 23 08:26:33 EST 2015

In article <3628c3bd-b28b-47b3-a8da-82f807d57af8 at googlegroups.com>,
	John Reagan <xyzzy1959 at gmail.com> writes:
> On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 7:31:31 AM UTC-5, Richard Maher wrote:
>> On 1/22/2015 8:11 AM, David Froble wrote:
>> >
>> > Some career decisions are based on more than money.  Sometimes "what you
>> > want to be doing".
>> >

>> Couldn't agree more! Which is exactly why I can't understand John giving
>> up a COBOL gig on a platform with current development as well as assured
>> longevity to go back to caressing his piece o' shite Pascal.
>
> LOL!

I agree with that comment...

I really like Pascal, but I would much rather be doing COBOL.  And COBOL
on VMS would be an ideal gig. (I know he said Non-Stop.  I would do that
too, but having never seen Non-Stop I really can't say if that adds a
level of irritation that wold make the job not worth it!)

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |