[Info-vax] DCL's flaws (both scripting and UI)

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Fri Jan 23 18:38:45 EST 2015

David Froble skrev den 2015-01-23 19:26:
> JF Mezei wrote:
>> On 15-01-23 02:30, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
>>
>>> $ pipe dir disk$user:<helbig> | sea sys$pipe login
>>

>> Isn't support for <directory> something that dates back fro PDP11 days
>> and supported on VMS just to helop that transition ?
>>
>> I'd say that support for <directory>  could be deprecated and removed in
>> a version or two of VMS.
>>

> According to what Jan Erik wrote about his keyboard, maybe not.

*My* keyboard? It's any swedish/finish keyboard at least. Maybe
it is common on other european keyboards also, I don't know.

And no, it can't be removed, that would break *a lot* of
production DCL routines...

But I can't believe that this isn't well known, that there are
different keyboard layouts out there. But then, maybe it is as
unknown as that there are other tools than Basic also... :-)

Jan-Erik