[Info-vax] Hobbyist PAK request form operational AGAIN!

BillPedersen pedersen at ccsscorp.com
Sat Jan 24 10:48:34 EST 2015

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 8:32:18 AM UTC-5, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> In article <5dc52d30-d6c0-45cb-b62c-a8935d4b3030 at googlegroups.com>,
> BillPedersen <pedersen at ccsscorp.com> writes:
>
> > I wish to let everyone know that the Hobbyist PAK request processing form
> > is once again available at:
>
> In the old days, there was another web page where one could apply for
> hobbyist licenses, then it was send an email to John.  Is this just
> another channel, or has something changed?

We set up this form at John's request sometime back to provide an alternate to the form of OpenVMS.org.  As OpenVMS.org has had its problems recently this was beneficial.  Unfortunately, the hosting company where I had this form has been having issues with the server on which it was originally presented.  This has caused some outages over the last year.  But the most recent outage lead us to move the form to a new host - with the need to then update the code to process the for properly (newer version of PHP with incompatible processing of the code).

The form is now operational.  It does email John as it always has since the process moved to him for processing PAKs.

Again, apologies for this extended delay in getting it operational again.

Bill.