[Info-vax] improve performance of /EXCLUDE

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Sun Jan 25 06:26:28 EST 2015

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) skrev den 2015-01-25 12:13:
> At least in some cases, it seems that /EXCLUDE suppresses just the
> output, not the processing.  Wouldn't it be possible to improve this?

A simple example?

If you /exclude something in an DIR command I expect DIR
has still to read all of the .DIR file, of course.

If you /exclude something in a SEARCH command I expect
SEARCH *not* to read the excluded files, of course.

For file and dir searches there is also DFU which in many
cases is faster (and gives more output) then DIR.

But again, we do not know which command you are refering to.

Jan-Erik.