[Info-vax] OT: "HDMI 2.0 cables"

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Wed Jan 28 07:22:52 EST 2015

johnson.eric at gmail.com schreef op 28-jan-2015 om 02:35:
> Can wikipedia be considered a reliable source on this topic?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_2.0

Depending on which (industry) sources they use, it can be, of
course.  I don't see anything specific about cables here, only
about the HDMI standards themselves.

This whole thread wasn't about whether those cables are
forthcoming (because who could know that, other than the
psychic or those with insider knowledge).  Rather, it's about
the fact that some retailers have already began a few scams.
It's nothing short of a scam, if there's zero mention of any
type of official cable, let alone any specification thereof...
(especially if also the president of the organization
overlooking/defining the standards has stating nothing
indicating the contrary).

But then it's nice to see people play devil's advocate for
the scammers, which just blows my mind.  I guess few people
still care about scams, since it's so commonplace nowadays.

  - MG