[Info-vax] OT: "HDMI 2.0 cables"

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Wed Jan 28 11:02:24 EST 2015

In article <b60e129f-5d40-4c7d-8821-aee7727698e3 at googlegroups.com>,
	John Reagan <xyzzy1959 at gmail.com> writes:
> On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 7:51:12 AM UTC-5, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>

>> Can Wikipedia be considered a reliable source on any topic?
>>

> Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

Hmmmm....   Seems I remember relying on yourself as proof of acciracy
being some kind of logical flaw.  I know it doesn't fly very well in
the academic world.

> As for HDMI cables, I did take me a while to get a HDMI 1.4 cable with ARC support for my latest TV & soundbar.  All the real cheap HDMI cables I had in my stash were older spec without the additional connections for ARC.

Like most of the other cables I have my method for HDMI would be to
grab a cable and if it works, fine but if it doesn't, well there are
several dozen others in the cable bin to choose from.  :-)

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |