[Info-vax] how to do a search for just today's info

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Wed Jan 28 14:36:13 EST 2015

On 2015-01-28 18:58:55 +0000, pcoviello at gmail.com said:

> there's a someplace.com?  :-)  never even thought about that!

Yes, there is.  From the Seychelles.   (This sort of domain (mis)usage
is also how experienced users know that the person is probably
unfamiliar with DNS, too.  There are three domains reserved for
examples and documentation (and obfuscation), as well as an IP address
block.)  The .COM top-level domain is pretty full.   There's even the
new .RIP top-level domain now available.  There'll undoubtedly be some
entertaining domains registered in .RIP, for those that are willing to
pay the fee.  But I digress.

> I did try a search on c.o.v but evidently didn't use the right words.

What did you try searching on?  Date-manipulation and date-related
questions have tended to be fairly common newsgroup fodder over the
years.

Also and FWIW, you would need to search from
<http://groups.google.com>, as the contents of the newsgroups are not
included in the main Google search index, based on empirical evidence.
And FWIW, I'd suggest using one of the available (free) news servers
around, and avoid Google if for no other reason than their various web
UI weirdnesses.   <http://www.eternal-september.org> is one example
(free) news server service, and most operating systems do have news
readers available.