[Info-vax] BACKUP to nfs-share, some files are modified

Steven Schweda sms.antinode at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:51:42 EST 2015

> The corrupted files are slightly bigger [...]

   It might be more helpful to show DIRE /FULL and actual
file data, before and after.

> I don't see this effect when I [...]

> Any ideas?

   Don't use BACKUP?

> [...] No OpenVMS archival tools will reliably preserve data
> stored after EOF, short of archiving all of the data by
> creating disk images.

   I make no claims as to its suitability here, but ...

ALP $ zip3l -h
Copyright (c) 1990-2008 Info-ZIP - Type 'zip "-L"' for software license.
Zip 3.0 (July 5th 2008). Usage: zip == "$ disk:[dir]zip.exe"
[...]
  -V   save VMS file attributes (-VV also save allocated blocks past EOF)
[...]