[Info-vax] Digital: Vax Alpha Integrity ... One Love - OpenVMS (YouTube video)

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Fri Jan 30 03:49:29 EST 2015

On 2015-01-30, Craig A. Berry <craigberry at nospam.mac.com> wrote:
> On 1/29/15 8:26 PM, Kerry Main wrote:
>
>> Anyone - trivia for day- which VMS systems had a POS console?
>
> Well, the Integrity EFI command-line interface is certainly a POS
> compared to SRM (unless I've misunderstood what Piece Of S stands for?).

Galaxy systems had (still have?) a Windows NT console.  I know our
production guys were distinctly unhappy about the thought of not being
able to get to the main machine if tha console started to sulk.

Compaq agreed to take care of maintaining the software side of the
console itself, which was logical because they were maintaining the main
system anyway.

--
An invention needs to make sense in the world in which it's finished,
not the world in which it's started.                  -- Ray Kurzweil