[Info-vax] Digital: Vax Alpha Integrity ... One Love - OpenVMS (YouTube video)

Kerry Main kerry.main at backtothefutureit.com
Fri Jan 30 09:44:28 EST 2015

Yep - absolutely correct.

Trivia PRO-380 / VMS misc -

When I was in DEC support, we created an internal DEC p/n (Canada
only) which was a completely installed console disk for the PRO-380
(image backup) so techs could order this from logistics and not have
to install the PRO-380 console from scratch which was approx. 20+
diskettes as I recall.

We also pre-loaded diags and script files for testing on this image.

It was a very popular initiative as a 4+ hr call was turned into less than
30 min's. We even set up the system so Techs could swap out there
working disks as a means to upgrade their consoles with latest diags.

We would then recycle these drives and blast the latest image on them
and return them to logistics.

Ahh well.. I miss the creative good ole days ..

.. back to regular scheduled programming

:-)

Regards,

Kerry Main
Back to the Future IT Inc.
 .. Learning from the past to plan the future

Kerry dot main at backtothefutureit dot com