[Info-vax] Digital: Vax Alpha Integrity ... One Love - OpenVMS (YouTube video)

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Fri Jan 30 11:53:49 EST 2015

On 2015-01-30, Stephen Hoffman <seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid> wrote:
> On 2015-01-30 08:49:29 +0000, Paul Sture said:
>
>> Galaxy systems had (still have?) a Windows NT console.
>
> AFAIK, there was no requirement for the Windows GUI for Galaxy.  There
> was an X GUI around (at least at one point), and command-line
> management is also supported.

My mistake, It was a 24 CPU GS1280 and ordered (if not quite yet
commissioned) just before the Alpha EOL announcement.

The QuickSpecs I have just downloaded mention Alpha and Linux
alternatives for the console, but those must have come later because all
we we were offered was a Windows system. The details are on PDF page 9:

<http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04285955.pdf?ver=24>

(according to that we might have had Windows 2000 rather than NT)

--
An invention needs to make sense in the world in which it's finished,
not the world in which it's started.                  -- Ray Kurzweil