[Info-vax] Users of OpenVMS

Kerry Main kerry.main at backtothefutureit.com
Sat Jan 31 10:39:11 EST 2015

Lotteries, Stock Exchanges (Shanghai stock exchange migrated from
HP-UX and went live in 2010 for their next generation system on
OpenVMS Integrity.. brochures around on this one), Banks, Military,
ISP's (I know one cluster that supports over 4M Cust's), Telecom
(Acision on Integrity blades is one example), Manufacturing...

Keep in mind that the number of OpenVMS Cust's that hang out
here In c.o.v. is likely less than a few % - if that.

Smaller examples include Custs like this mission critical SCADA
FROM Windows TO OpenVMS migration:
http://www.vista-control.com/itanium_success.htm

Acision testimonial:
http://tinyurl.com/Acision-OpenVMS
"Acision uses HP OpenVMS running on HP Integrity servers & HP
Blades to help deliver more than half of the world's text &
multimedia messages & serve three quarters of all videomail users."

Regards,

Kerry Main
Back to the Future IT Inc.
 .. Learning from the past to plan the future

Kerry dot main at backtothefutureit dot com