[Info-vax] Users of OpenVMS

Jerry Eckert jerry.eckert at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 23:59:54 EST 2015

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 5:12:31 AM UTC-6, johnso... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 1:35:11 AM UTC-5, Jerry Eckert wrote:
>
> > If the sites I have had contact with in the last three years are an accurate
> > sample, the number is much closer to 5% (if that high) than to 50%.
>
> I have no data to argue otherwise. Out of curiosity, what's the average
> number of nodes for those customers? Are most of them Itanium?

Very few of the sites I have had contact with have Itanium systems, but that's not unexpected since my contacts are in the context of VAX and Alpha emulator sales. It is not uncommon for the sites to have dozens of VMS systems. The VAX systems may be on third-party hardware maintenance, but I can't think of even one that was on HP software support (for obvious reasons).