[Info-vax] Console optiosn on x86

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Fri May 1 11:15:20 EDT 2015

Bob Koehler wrote:
> In article <mhvk95$il9$1 at news.albasani.net>, Jan-Erik Soderholm <jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com> writes:
>> I'm always irritated that SHOW /ALL doesn't show everything, most
>> of the output scrolls of the screen "under" the headings.
>
>    SYSGEN has to run under conditions when not all VMS features
>    are accessable, so it does it's won screen handling, and that's
>    limited.
>
>    But redirecting sys$output to a file works.
>
>    Yeah, a show/page would be nice, but I'd rather see SYSGEN go away.

SYSGEN isn't the best user intrface into the parameters, and even the
name is misleading in my opinion.  You're not really generating a system.

But, it does work, and allows the parameters to be displayed and
modified.  It's also used very infrequently.  Perhaps that's part of the
perceived problem, not being so familiar with the utility because of
infrequent use.

Anything can be improved.  Like a woman that doesn't talk when you don't
want to hear "it".  But I'd rate the need to look at SYSGEN to be rather
low.