[Info-vax] image backup on itanium

Hans Vlems hvlems at freenet.de
Sat May 2 04:12:17 EDT 2015

A couple of weeks ago Brian reported that a system disk created with backup/image was not bootable.
Yesterday I booted my rx2600 from a v8.4 DVD. The image came from John Egolf's hobbyist repository and was downloaded at least a year ago. Command used:
$ backup/image dka0: dkb200:
The image backup of the system disk was *not* bootable.
Brian, did you find a solution, better yet, a reason for this behaviour?
Any ideas on how to fix the target disk?
I mean trying Vms tools while the problem may be outside the Vms file system is pretty useless.
Hans