[Info-vax] image backup on itanium

JF Mezei jfmezei.spamnot at vaxination.ca
Sun May 3 13:06:37 EDT 2015

On 15-05-03 04:54, Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:

> I used MOINT/FOR of the target (SAN disk) and a plain COPY of
> the .ISO image of the 8.4 distribution to that and it boots
> fine from the SAN.

Copy recreates a file system for a disk the size of the VMS engineerer
who created the .ISO.  As noted in a previous message, when you first
mount it, you will get warnings about mismatched BITMAP.SYS etc.

If this is to be a temporary disk used only to perform a proper
installation, then that could be fine. But I wouldn't do that on a disk
that is to remain on the system long term.

What is wrong with using BACKUP/IMAGE ?