[Info-vax] OT: New PDP-8/I systems becoming available

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Mon May 4 11:34:48 EDT 2015

In article <d8381$554371f9$5ed4324a$51550 at news.ziggo.nl>,
	Dirk Munk <munk at home.nl> writes:
> VAXman- at SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
>> In article <mhu4re$uv9$1 at dont-email.me>, Stephen Hoffman <seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid> writes:
>>>
>>> "PiDP-8/I: RECREATING THE PDP-8/I",
>>>
>>> "The PiDP-8/I is a modern replica of the 1968 PDP-8/I computer."
>>>
>>> <http://obsolescence.wix.com/obsolescence#!pidp-8-get-one/ctny>
>>
>> Pretty cool, huh?  I saw this in action at VCF East X two week ago.
>>
> And after that a PDP 11/70 with the RSX "train" running on the lights?

If someone could come up with a way to make the frontpanels and switches
at reasonable prices, I would love to have the same thing for PDP-11
IMSAI and even the Altair.  I like real hardware, but I especially like
programming and running these systems and for that having an emulator
hidden inside would still work.  (based on the prices I have seen on
eBay I have given up any hope of ever owning a real IMSAI!!)

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |