[Info-vax] Where is chfctxdef.h on OpenVMS Itanium 8.4 ?

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Tue May 5 08:29:29 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-05 11:20:41 +0000, david.sauvage at adalabs.com said:

> in order to build a compiler, my goal is to get the file chfctxdef.h
> that I am supposing should exists on OpenVMS. However, I have not been
> able to locate it using LIBRARY /LIST on a few TLB I am aware of.
>
> Any feedback from VMS gurus would be most welcome, for instance by
> referring to the corresponding TLB file to use in order to extract the
> header file.

Same place it's always been, and accessible in the same way it's been:

$ define/nolog DECC$TEXT_LIBRARY sys$library:sys$lib_c.tlb

This command assumes that your compiler is written in C.

The EFI-related definitions are scattered between sys$lib_c.tlb and
sys$starlet_c.tlb, based on a tool I'm working on.

Alternatively: http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/1424

Quick Intro to C programming specifically on OpenVMS; the details and
differences specific to using C on OpenVMS:
http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/273 (which includes the names of the
usual libraries)