[Info-vax] OpenVMS Manual Links

Neil Rieck n.rieck at sympatico.ca
Wed May 6 07:17:39 EDT 2015

Back in the day when HP bought (er, merged with) Compaq, we were told that the HP "go" paradigm would always work.

So I just (2015-05-06) entered this URL "http://www.hp.com/go/openvms" and was handed off to "http://h71000.www7.hp.com/index.html?jumpid=/go/openvms" where I got a "404 Not Found" response.

So I went back to "http://www.hp.com" then entered "OpenVMS" in the search dialog. The very first link works but directs you to a vanilla OpenVMS page at "http://www8.hp.com/us/en/business-services/it-services.html?compURI=1078892&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001" but all the other links are dead.

Is this a technical problem or is HP attempting VMScide?

Neil Rieck
Kitchener / Waterloo / Cambridge,
Ontario, Canada.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/