[Info-vax] Carly's back!

Bob Gezelter gezelter at rlgsc.com
Thu May 7 09:59:46 EDT 2015

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 8:48:52 AM UTC-4, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> On 5/7/15 6:55 AM, seasoned_geek wrote:
>

> > A president isn't limited to two terms, they are limited to two consecutive terms.
>
> It's two terms period:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
>
> I see you're as ill-informed about the Constitution as you are about the
> VMS build process, VMS security, x86 hardware, the capabilities of
> non-VMS operating systems, and everything else you've been posting about.

Craig,

Actually, I did mis-speak when I said "one or two terms". FDR did get elected four times.

The "two term" tradition originated with George Washington. It was not codified until after Roosevelt's death (22nd Amendment, approved by Congress on March 21, 1947; ratified on February 27, 1951).

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com