[Info-vax] TCP/IP Services ssh / sftp and Keyboard-Interactive authentication (not)

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Thu May 7 10:31:15 EDT 2015

FWIW/FYI...

There's no ssh/sftp client support for the Keyboard-Interactive
authentication mechanism within TCP/IP Services.

I'm seeing that mechanism being increasingly used.  It's becoming more
common than the password authentication mechanism, at least across the
ssh / sftp servers I'm working with, too.

Getting the target server reconfigured over to /PasswordAuthentication
yes/ isn't always feasible, of course.

Posted because I just bumped into this limitation (again).   It's
present up through at least TCP/IP Services V5.7 ECO 5, AFAICT.

Off to set up another public-private key-pair for yet another server.