[Info-vax] OpenVMS in the future, Open sourced or Closed? Intent is to keep it...

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Sat May 9 08:53:27 EDT 2015

seasoned_geek skrev den 2015-05-09 14:39:
> On Friday, May 8, 2015 at 1:50:36 PM UTC-5, Bob Koehler wrote:
>
>> Some of these happen to be radiation hardened and/or space quailfied.
>> And the folks who made the recomendation had earlier earned there respect
>> in the business by working with DoD.
>
> Fresh from their success on the Yorktown???
>
> http://gcn.com/Articles/1998/07/13/Software-glitches-leave-Navy-Smart-Ship-dead-in-the-water.aspx

A "software glitch". 17 years ago.
So not using Intel processors protects you from all software errors?
This had not happend if thay had used WinNT for Alpha?

> Perhaps they were on this approval team??
>
> https://www.scribd.com/doc/95282643/Backdoors-Embedded-in-DoD-Microchips-From-China

And FPGA. Is Intel in that business?
What is the connection to the x86 line of processors?

> And who could forget this one
>
> http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1266976

Only Intel ref is counterfeit flash memory parts.
No mention about x86 processors...

I do not realy see the connection to your earlier rage
against Intel processors.