[Info-vax] Beyond Open Source

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Mon May 11 03:42:52 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-11, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) <helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de> wrote:
> In article <min9sm$ek1$1 at dont-email.me>, Simon Clubley
><clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP> writes:
>
>> > Till then, the original is now a legitimate free download
>> > at the wayback machine (them again):
>> > https://archive.org/details/mythicalmanmonth00fred
>> >
>> > Enjoy.
>>
>> I didn't realise this book was now legally available for download.
>
> Does being available here imply that it is legal?

Page 8 says this:

"Digitized by the Internet Archive in 2013 with funding from Gordon Bell"

so I'm assuming it was a legitimate exercise.  The original copyright:
"Copyright © 1972 by Frederick P. Brooks, Jr." (Page 6)

--
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals.                                            -- Winston Churchill