[Info-vax] Old Vax computer equipment

mcleanjoh at gmail.com mcleanjoh at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:33:41 EDT 2015

On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 7:13:34 AM UTC+10, kas... at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I have a couple of old Vax Alpha computers collecting dust in my computer room. There is also one cabinet of disks. Before I have my guys dismantle them and junk them I thought I'd check to see if there is any interest. I am not looking for any money, but shipping would be on you. These boxes were last running in about 2008. After a power outage they wouldn't boot cleanly and since we stopped using any application on them 8 years earlier, I just had them unplugged.

Vax is hardware.  Alpha is hardware.  Ergo "Vax Alpha" doesn't make much sense to people familiar with VMS.

Maybe you mean "Vax and Alpha"? (i.e. two different hardware platforms)
Maybe you mean "Alpha VMS"?  (hardware + o/s)
Maybe ...

Can you clarify?

As Steven says, model numbers would be good.  You'll find them on the front of the machines.