[Info-vax] Do you (or someone you work with) sysman on Windows?

Richard Maher maher_rjSPAMLESS at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 08:05:22 EDT 2015

Look, this has been doing my head in for years :-(

I understand the transition we went through from isolated nodes to
clusters and from VAX to Alpha to IA64 to x86. But given a hardware
platform and an upgrade from 32 Windows to 32 Bit windows why would you
possibly start with a virgin disk and then search the web for matching
packages DLLs (version close enough) anyone got the Inventory/manifests?

Why don't they understand Image-Backup -> upgrade -> go/no-go decision?

I keep telling them that 2008 R1 will give them 5 more years but Oh No.
Go 64 bit, Microsoft no longer support Oracle so change DB DLLs, Go
LOG4Net, Go Web Farm, GO CRAZY :-(

Why, Why, Why do they always rebuild the system disk from scratch???