[Info-vax] Disposition of DEC Collection - Questions

Jeff Shirley jeff at ihatespam.com
Tue May 12 12:02:25 EDT 2015

Greetings.

After over a decade of not having time to enjoy it, I realize I need to pass
on my collection of DEC hardware to those who can.  It consists mostly of
Q-bus systems and parts, but also includes VAXStations, terminals, tapes,
manuals, catalogs, DECUS literature, a couple of DEC 3000/500s---tons of stuff
(literally), more than I can remember.

I paid good money for this stuff at swap meets and auctions back in the day,
and would like to get at least what the precious metal recycler will give me
for the boards.  When I parted with the UNIBUS stuff a few years back, I
listed it on Ebay and posted pointers on Usenet.

Back then there was a fair amount of anti-Ebay sentiment.  Is that still the
case?  Is Usenet still the center for this type of activity, or has another
medium taken over?  Any suggestions (other than "Give it all to me!")?  ;^)

Thanks,

Jeff.