[Info-vax] Beyond Open Source

seasoned_geek roland at logikalsolutions.com
Tue May 12 13:27:40 EDT 2015

On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 1:52:00 PM UTC-5, johnwa... at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> That doesn't tell us anything about Roland's issue, but this one
> is certainly genuine, and it would be a surprise if issues similar
> weren't hiding away somewhere on other more complex and more
> widely deployed targets.

Technically this isn't my issue. An x86 is such a worthless steaming pile of excrement I never put anything on it I actually ___need___.

Someone brought it up and I had heard of it quite a few times before. It is not a "new" bug, just one which keeps popping up and all of the maintainers keep pointing fingers at each other.

I just found it hilarious someone tried to blame the GCC compiler for locking one CPU on a multi-CPU machine. That is soooooooo fourth world help desk.