[Info-vax] Do you (or someone you work with) sysman on Windows?

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Wed May 13 04:34:06 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-12, Chris Scheers <chris at applied-synergy.com> wrote:

> Actually, you tend to get many different disk drivers installed.
> However, once Windows enumerates the hardware, unused ones generally get
> disabled.
>
> When migrating a Windows system disk to different hardware, it may be
> necessary to reenable some of the more generic disk drivers before
> booting on the new hardware.  This may require fiddling the registry.
>
> Another option may be to SYSPREP the disk first.  I would do this on a
> copy.  I haven't tried this path yet (except in a VM), but I suspect
> that it would work.

Here are some instructions for SYSPREP which worked for me with XP.

<http://www.answersthatwork.com/Download_Area/ATW_Library/WinXP_Professional/WinXP__3-Setup-How_to_SYSPREP_a_Windows_XP_PC_setup.pdf>

--
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals.                                            -- Winston Churchill