[Info-vax] Do you (or someone you work with) sysman on Windows?

Richard Maher maher_rjSPAMLESS at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 06:59:37 EDT 2015

Thanks everyone very illuminating. I hadn't appreciated the logistics.

Having said that, once a hard-ware platform is chosen and some form of
base-line SOE is available then can they really not just ship images of
that single disk on all new servers (or clients)

i.e. We're running all the same cores/cpus same C: drives RPMs same
memory gigabytes etc and we're going to run out 50 of these, is it
really not possible to start with a disk that has a DBMS and IIS and
Python and  .net 4.X and esoteric.DLL?

But more to the point, I suppose, if Microsoft let's you stick in a 2008
R1 Server CD into a 2003 machine and hit [upgrade] why aren't more
people doing it?