[Info-vax] OpenVMS I64 V8.4-1H1 Has Shipped

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Fri May 15 09:10:17 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-15 11:56:30 +0000, clairgrant71 at gmail.com said:

> On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 2:54:23 AM UTC-4, JF Mezei wrote:
>>
>> What will be the architecture code returned by F%GETSYI("ARCH") ?
>
> x86_64

$ write sys$output f%getsyi("ARCH")
%DCL-W-UNDSYM, undefined symbol - check validity and spelling
 \F%GETSYI\
$ write sys$output f$getsyi("ARCH")
%DCL-W-IVKEYW, unrecognized keyword - check validity and spelling
 \ARCH\
$ write sys$output f$getsyi("ARCH_NAME")
x86_64
$

But OK.   So now we have something to start coding to.  Not that we
know all of the differences that we'll be coding here, beyond the
obvious stuff like the object and binary formats...

Did the various associated symbols make it into V8.4-1H1; the
SYI$K_ARCH_* stuff in $SYIDEF, et al?  (Looks like $HWDEF is
unmaintained or retired, too.)

A more general question will be the product name, if that's been
decided: OpenVMS X86_64?  OpenVMS X86?  OpenVMS X64?