[Info-vax] recovery data

Hans Vlems hvlems at freenet.de
Sat May 16 11:55:01 EDT 2015

Yes, it sure confused me when I came across that message.
The way I understand it is that the installation of a new product (not a patch for the OS) destroys the possibility to rollback an OS patch.
My guess is that a layered product might overwrite a component that was part of a patch. If you opted to delete previous versions of kit components, which I do, then there's no way that patch may be safely uninstalled. Hence the message. At work (if I had work) I would keep old files. For a hobbyist there's no problem.
Hans