[Info-vax] problem with COBOL installation

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Sat May 16 15:02:56 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-16 17:45:27 +0000, David Froble said:

> Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
>>
>> Any ideas?

Did you check the release notes and installation documentation?

> It's probably your putting things in non-standard places ....
>
> :-)
>
> Just kidding ....

Could certainly be that, David.   No joke.   I've seen more than a few
creative configurations.  Could also be some left over dreck or maybe a
protected file or other such.  Could also be due to the lack of
application profiles for installations, and the lack of profiles and
related which then means that the end-user has to check the settings —
many folks skip this — or you get weird errors — and it means that the
programmers have to check for minimal settings — and more than a few
skip this step, too.

As for the process quotas, per a recent LSEDIT installation...   Minimally:
              ASTLM=24
              BYTLM=13000
              ENQLM=30
              FILLM=20