[Info-vax] Itanium question [2]

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Sun May 17 12:57:15 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-17 16:15:06 +0000, Hans Vlems said:

> From this I inferred that I was in service mode, right?

Ayup.

But as it turns out, there's apparently a yet-higher access mode
involved here, and that's password controlled, and HP has this to state
about the passwords:

"You must have an active hardware contract in your HP Support Center
profile in order to access Diagnostic passwords."

You might be able to get the export from the old board and an import
here, but it looks like these credentials are locked up.

Time to repair the board, or get another box.  Or a whole lot more
digging than I'm in a position to do right now.