[Info-vax] strange SSH problem

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Sun May 17 14:56:04 EDT 2015

Checking out TCPIP 5.7, I checked something I've never checked before,
namely SSH from one node of the cluster to another.  SSH from the
cluster to a remote host and vice-versa (coming in through the TCPIP
cluster alias) works fine.  SCP as well.  (This is all I ever need SSH
for so I haven't tested it within the cluster.)

The problem presumably has nothing to do with the upgrade since I get
the same behavious whatever two nodes are involved, upgraded or not,
whichever is client and which server etc.

I do use a key for SSH from the cluster to a remote system, but
otherwise password authentication.  So, as long as SSH is running,
nothing to set up, right?

SSH from one cluster node to another usually fails; after three attempts
at entering the password, it gives up.  However, in one of about 20
tries, it did work.  (No, the password isn't wrong and works fine with
telnet or SET HOST/LAT within the cluster.)

Any ideas?