[Info-vax] Itanium question [2]

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Sun May 17 17:06:56 EDT 2015

Hans Vlems schreef op 17-mei-2015 om 16:25:
> Which inhibits the boot procedure.

It shouldn't, or I remember it prompts, but I remember you
can still manually proceed.  (When I once swapped out an
rx2600 System Board).  A bit of a hassle, or nag, if you
will, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

The whole problem here, of course, is that many System
Boards are second-hand, the rare new (or NOS) ones are
probably not worth the price...  Usually people probably
just find a whole new rx2600, but the supply seems to
have dried up.

Considering you don't have an MP/iLO card and that you
run this system at home, I would consider using the new
System Board, so you at least have a working card cage
at your disposal once more...

  - MG