[Info-vax] problem with LSE installation

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Sun May 17 18:08:26 EDT 2015

Robert A. Brooks skrev den 2015-05-17 23:53:
> On 5/17/2015 1:00 PM, Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:
>> Robert A. Brooks skrev den 2015-05-17 18:32:
>>
>> I have now for approx a year, on behalf of my customer, tried
>> to get a quote on DECset as a whole and also some individual
>> components (CMS, MMS). The reseller, even as a special HP
>> partner in some way, has totaly failed to get any pricing
>> out of the HP system. A few weeks ago we gave up and
>> decided to go on with with EDT/TPU and command files.
>
> I have it on very good authority that VSI would be quite happy
> to give a quote on DECset (or any other layered product that
> we currently support).
>
> At some point, we expect to have self-service purchasing
> set up on the VSI website, but that's not available yet.

I'd be happy to communicate directly with someone at VSI.

Feel free to contact me on the same email as this entry
was posted from. I guess you need some specifics for
our environment.

We have also thought about going from "named user" (one at
the moment) to "concurrent user" (probably also one needed)
for our compilers. So that we can compile without running
a batch job under a specific user (holding the license).
Hopefully there are some reasonable upgrades available...

Regards and thanks, Jan-Erik.