[Info-vax] upgrading from VMS 7.3-2 and TCPIP 5.4 ECO 7 to VMS 8.4 and TCPIP 5.7

JF Mezei jfmezei.spamnot at vaxination.ca
Sun May 17 20:42:09 EDT 2015

On 15-05-17 14:31, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:

> I agree that it's not a good default.  Mine came up as NORELAY,
> presumably because that is what I had before.

Not kept up with latest in TCPIP. However, when when proper support was
added, you had to disable the NORELAY in the service database and put
the anti relaying info in the config file and it was far mroe powerful,
and also made it possible to white list addresses that you could relay
to. And I think this cane at same time as they allowed real-time lookup
of email address to reject a message before it is sent (removing the
need to send non-delivery notifications).

Of course, those are all very very basic, but it took a while for VMS to
get it.