[Info-vax] strange SSH problem

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Mon May 18 01:18:57 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-18, David Froble <davef at tsoft-inc.com> wrote:
> Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
>> In article <mjao84$28dt$1 at news.kjsl.com>,
>>
>> More information: Of 5 accounts I tried, 3 work and 2 don't.  So, it's
>> not random, but still puzzling.  The 2 accounts which don't work with
>> SSH work with telnet and SET HOST/LAT.
>>
>> I get:

> Check the Authorize records ...
>
> Look for types of access ...

The audit log and accounting utility might also help here.  Look for
unexpected exit status values.

One that has bitten me a couple of times with SSH is having too liberal
a protection on the user's .SSH sub-directory and/or files within it; in
this case SSH takes the safe option and refuses access.

--
Nobody has demonstrated a HTTP/2.0 implementation that approached
contemporary wire speeds.                    -- Poul-Henning Kamp